From The Pastor
COVID-19 guidelines update:
Please note that, updated protocols based on the new directives from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), New York State, Syracuse Diocese of the Roman Catholic Church, and the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Stamford include
- You may enter and exit the church from any entrance.
- The elevator will be available for those who need it. Please limit the number of people in the elevator to two people.
- There will be no more contact tracing, so no need to sign in.
- Masks and social distancing are not required by parishioners and guests who have been fully vaccinated. However,
- Masks may still be worn, and social distancing may still be observed by parishioners who have been fully vaccinated.
- Masks and social distancing are still required by those who have not been fully vaccinated.
- Hand sanitizer is still available for those who wish to use it.
- Place your offering in the basket on the Tetrapod.
- Seating will no longer be marked or designated, however,
- Some distance should be maintained in all cases and places.
- Distance is to be maintained around all people wearing masks.
- Holy Communion will be distributed as usual.
- Only priests and deacons distributing Holy Communion and those who have not been vaccinated are required to wear masks while receiving Holy Communion.
- Prayer books and hymnals will be available in the pews.
- Bulletins will be available after Divine Liturgy.
And remember: if you are not feeling well, please stay home.
After careful consideration and and consultation with Father Mihai, the Festival Committee has made the difficult decision to cancel this year's Ukrainian Festival. As things are getting back to normal, it's best to be cautious. We'll use this time to pause and let things really get back to normal.
So enjoy this time and get ready for next year...our parish's 80th festival!
No More Live Streaming - Starting May 1
His Beatitude Sviatoslav, is encouraging all faithful to return back to church. We feel that this is a good time to make the change. As a parish we will continue to do our best in flowing the necessary guidelines to keep all faithful safe. Please feel free to contact me if you should have any questions.
Saturday: 4:00 p.m. English
Sunday: During present restrictions, only one Liturgy at 10:00 a.m. Ukrainian
Tuesday - Friday: 8:00 a.m.
Holy Days: 9 a.m. on the Feast Day; 6 p.m. Vigil the evening before the Feast.
Tuesday: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm; 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Confessions: Confessions before and after Liturgies or by request.
Baptisms: Please contact the parish office before arranging the date.
Marriage: Call the parish at least 6 months in advance. Pre-marital counseling is mandatory.
Religious Education: Religious Education every Sunday at 10 am in the parish school. If you would like to register your children please contact Martha Wojtowycz.
Sacrament of the Sick: In case of emergency, call parish anytime.
Bulletin Deadline: Monday of every week.
Church Facilities: Any use of church facilities must be cleared in advance at the rectory.
Cemetery: The purchase of cemetery plots is a privilege reserved for parishioners. Please contact the rectory before any major improvements are undertaken.
Bequests: In making out your will, kindly remember your church. St. John the Baptist Ukrainian Catholic Church, Syracuse NY is our legal title.